Last Updated on
If you live in this day and age, there is a very good chance that you have heard about Data Science. Data Science has been instrumental in the technological advancement of humanity, even if it has only been in existence for a little while.
Up until ten years ago, concepts such as data storage had always been a challenge. Even if several industries were advancing, their ability to store data did not. Data Science solved this problem, and have allowed enterprises to go one step further; process and use this data.
Of course, Data Science has gone farther than this but those were the foundations on which professionals built the concept. Data Science has opened doors for Artificial Intelligence’s advancement and turned multiple ideas into reality. We would be talking about what Data Science is, and explain other essential things you should know about Data Science.
What Is Data Science?
Data Science is the combination of various tools, formulas, and machine learning principles, using them to find out concealed patterns from raw data. It may sound similar to what a data analyst does, but a Data Scientist does something different.
A data analyst compiles raw data with the intention of “dumbing it down.” However, a Data Scientist does what a data analyst does and uses advanced machine learning algorithms to forecast occurrences of particular events. They can also use this information in other ways.
If You Want to Be A Data Scientist
Becoming a Data Scientist can be a pretty challenging path to follow if you’re doing it independently. However, there are multiple Data Science courses that you can take to become a professional Data Scientist.
A Data Scientist is someone whose responsibility to decipher and solve complicated data problems with their professional knowledge. There are some basic requirements that a Data Scientist must have. Some are:
- Proficiency in mathematics, statistics, and computer science.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Understanding of Data Science.
Although more Data Scientist s have sprung up in the last couple of years, entry-level individuals in this profession get at least $95,000. Intermediate and Data Scientists in managerial roles earn $130,000 and $195,000 respectively.
How to Learn In This Pandemic
Presently, physical courses for Data Science are pretty scarce. However, various online courses would help you in achieving this goal. Springboard is offering a superb Data Science course program that offers fantastic deals and prices. At the moment, they have 2,300+ students who have enrolled in their Data Science career course, which was only launched in 2016. Their reports also show that their students who enrolled in their class have seen their salaries increase by over $25,000. In this course, they offer exceptional services such as:
- Quality Mentorship: Having a mentor is crucial to your success in this career. They have mentors dedicated to helping you out by doing things like setting up meetings with them, and calling as much as you need.
- Unique course material: Their course material is more elaborate than their competition, and contains all you need to pass in flying colors. They cover challenging topics such as Python for Data Science Stack, and Machine Learning, breaking it down expertly.
- Hands-on experience: Have you ever wished to take a course that listens to you, and allows you to build at your own pace? Then this course is your answer! They allow you to learn by making a Data Science portfolio as you learn and frequently track your progress.
- Follow-ups: At Springboard, they treat all their students like family. After you complete their courses, they help you get a job within half a year of graduating. They are so confident in their course, that they are offering a full refund if you don’t get employed within those six months.
As a prerequisite to taking this course, you need to have
- At least six months of active coding experience in a general programming language. These include Python, Java, C++, and so on.
- Sufficient knowledge in statistic topics such as mean and median, standard deviation, histograms, and charts.
Data Science is a beautiful course to study, and it is one of the highest-paying careers in the technological world. Education has become harder to pursue in this pandemic, but luckily, the Data Science course program that Springboard offers is a fantastic option for you to learn from. Their Data Science Career Track is a six-month program, CLICK HERE for enrollment deadlines. If you want to attend this class, we suggest that you go for it as soon as possible!