Fix Norton Error 8504, 104 on Windows 7, 8, & 10
This error can be caused by another Security/Unknown software or even missing installation files when the product is being updated or upgraded to a newer version.
Anyone can Solve Norton Error 8504, 104 on Windows Computer by following simple steps.
1. Run Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
This is the most important Troubleshooting step and is most likely going to solve all Norton Errors in the first attempt.
If you are using Norton Family installed, we advice that you uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Control Panel.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file on the desktop and click on NRnR icon.
On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location which is Downloads or Documents.
- Agree with Terms and Follow all the Instructions to complete the Installation.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only and Click Remove
- Click Restart when prompted.
- After computer Restarts, Follow the On-Screen Instructions to reinstall Norton.
2. Remove Non-Symantec Security or Unknown Softwares.
You can simplify removal of Non-Symantec products or Unknown software that most of the times create software conflicts by downloading our favorite Uninstaller from Iobit. You will not only be able to remove software from your computer but also remove registry entries created by that software during the of installation or while in use.
If you are good with troubleshooting computer problems on your own and identifying whether any software installed on your computer is good or bad by verifying the publisher authority, remove them manually by;
- Going to Control Panel and open Programs and Features
Or Press the appwiz.cpl+ keys to open the Run dialog box. and type
- In the list of currently installed programs, select the non-Symantec security product, and then click or .
- Also, remove Softwares from Unknown publishers.
3. Update Graphics and other System Drivers.
It's important to have all the system drivers up to date (Graphics Driver most importantly) in order to smoothly run any software installed on the Windows operating system. We recommend that you download one of our handpicked Free driver updater tools to minimize the effort or you can manually update the drivers by following the instructions below;
- Press the Run dialog box. + keys, to open the
Type in the following text, and then press devmgmt.msc.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click on .
- Right-click on the HD graphics card, and select .
- On the Driver tab, check whether the graphics card driver is outdated or current.
If the driver is outdated, you need to download the latest update and install the latest version of the graphics card driver.
- You can either use the Free Driver Updater Tool or Select your graphics card manufacturer and download the driver to install manually:
- Check others drivers that might require an update.
- Restart your computer and start Norton to check if the issue has been resolved.
Let us know in the comments below if you are still getting an error pertaining to Norton.