Norton Auto-Protect Not Working:
1. Run LiveUpdate
To fix this problem, run LiveUpdate and restart the computer.
- Start Norton.
- In the main product window, click , and then click .
- When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click .
- Run LiveUpdate until you see the message, "Your Norton product has the latest protection updates."
- Exit all the programs, and restart the computer.
If the problem persists, continue troubleshooting following the instructions.
2. Run Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
This is the most important Troubleshooting step and is most likely going to solve "Norton Error - You Are At Risk" in the first attempt.
If you are using Norton Family installed, we advice that you uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Control Panel.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file on the desktop and click on NRnR icon.
On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location which is Downloads or Documents.
- Agree with Terms and Follow all the Instructions to complete the Installation.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only and Click Remove
- Click Restart when prompted.
- After computer Restarts, Follow the On-Screen Instructions to reinstall Norton.
Let us know in the comments below if you are still getting the same error message.