Norton Smart Firewall Error
This solution applies to the Troubleshooting problems when the Norton Smart Firewall feature is disabled, and the problem persists even after you click Fix Now. This error can be solved by the following steps;
1. Manually Turn on Firewall
- Open Norton and Click Settings
- In the Settings window, click .
- On the General Settings tab, next to Smart Firewall, click on the slider to turn it .
- Click , and then click .
- Restart the computer.
If the problem persists, continue troubleshooting.
2. Run Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
This is the most important Troubleshooting step and is most likely going to solve all Norton Errors in the first attempt.
If you are using Norton Family installed, we advice that you uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Control Panel.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file on the desktop and click on NRnR icon.
On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location which is Downloads or Documents.
- Agree with Terms and Follow all the Instructions to complete the Installation.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only and Click Remove
- Click Restart when prompted.
- After computer Restarts, Follow the On-Screen Instructions to reinstall Norton.
Let us know in the comments below if you are still getting the same error message.