Norton SONAR Protection Error
SONAR is real-time protection that detects potentially malicious applications when they run. It provides "zero-day" protection because it allows detecting objects, which are suspected of being infected by an unknown or new modification of known viruses or malware using predictive methods of malware evaluation.
The Solution in this article applies to;
- Norton SONAR Protection is disabled & clicking Fix Now returns an Error message
- Norton Error: (3039,65546) "SONAR Protection Failed to load"
Anyone can Troubleshoot this problem on the Windows Operating System or macOS by following simple steps.
1. Restart your computer
- Close all running programs.
- Restart your computer.
Open Norton and if the problem persists, continue troubleshooting.
2. Run Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
This is the most important Troubleshooting step and is most likely going to solve all Norton Sonar Protect Error in the first attempt.
If you are using Norton Family installed, we advice that you uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Control Panel.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file on the desktop and click on NRnR icon.
On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location which is Downloads or Documents.
- Agree with Terms and Follow all the Instructions to complete the Installation.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only and Click Remove
- Click Restart when prompted.
- After computer Restarts, Follow the On-Screen Instructions to reinstall Norton.
Let us know in the comments below if you are still getting the same error message.